Monday, June 4, 2007

Jury Duty, Part III
Wednesday, May 23
8:12am - Off day. Back to normal, for a day. Feel like crap today.
Not sure why I'm writing this now, it's just occurred to me to write it, but I spent a good deal thinking about it yesterday. The plaintiff's mother is completely hot. Consider that this woman has an 11yr old GRANDdaughter. I know it's hard to believe but you've got to trust me on this. She looks exactly like a hispanic version of Diane Lane. It's uncanny. In a few more years, JLo is going to look just like this woman. I could only see her over the ledge from about the neck up, but still she was enough to distract me for about 15 minutes. In all fairness, even though she has been a grandmother for 11 years, she might only be about 45. Her daughter is only 25 now, after all. At any rate, my first ever GMILF.
5:44pm - Well, interesting news. I missed a call on my cell phone earlier this afternoon. The call was to inform me that my service is over, that the case was settled out of court this morning. So. I'll be going to Columbus in June after all. And my boss won't have to freak out for 3 weeks. Good.
8:30 - An odd sense of relief right now. Though of course come tomorrow morning I'm sure I'm going to miss the extra hour of sleep the court schedule afforded me. That about the only wistful rumination. No more incontinent old man. No more horrifyingly annoying, attention-seeking bull dyke. No more attorney with a constant dab of white dried spittle in the corner of his mouth. No more hot courtroom. No more homosexual judge who draws out his seemingly omniscient "uhs" so they sound like "uuuuuhhhhhhhggggeeeehhhgeeeehhhhhggegeeguuuhhhhhh." It's like a stutter, actually, but not at all endearingly pitiful like a stutter; rather it's just awful and grating. So no more of that. Thank goodness.

No comments: