Monday, October 27, 2008

Forgive me if you've seen this before, but since I'm on a little civil rights tangent today, here is some of the Tao of BB King:

"Water from the white fountain didn't taste any better than from the black fountain."

How good is that? Not only is this quote one of my all-time favorites, but it's also--for better or worse--more or less a perfect simplification of how I approach life. So what if someone feels like he is better than you? So what if you're getting a bit of a raw deal? Are things ok? If so, what else really matters?
If you need $10 and by chance you find two $10 bills on the sidewalk, then some jackass comes by almost instantly and steals one of them from you, hey, great, you've got the $10 you needed now. And that's enough. $20 might be better but come on, now you've got what you needed.
You give me water and I will drink it. If you are doing it hatefully or ignorantly to try to make a point, well too bad for you that's your problem not mine. Maybe it's weak or nonconfrontational but it is what it is and I'm not losing sleep over it. I know I'm the better man and I don't have to prove it to you. So good luck with those ignorant presumptions of yours.

No comments: